Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Visual Puns

For this assignment, we were asked to create four "visual puns" by combining imagery into one object.  We were also asked to experiment with some new techniques, such as threshold, posterize, gradient map, and overlay, and to creatively incorporate text into the final product.  
"HOUSE FLY"
In this visual pun, I combined a house with a set of wings, which I then applied the gradient map effect to.  I used the drop shadow effect on the letters.  I posterized the background (sky).  I used the overlay effect on the ellipse behind the text.  My text came from dafont.com.
"SMART CAR"
For this visual pun, I combined a smart car with a brain.  I posterized the background.  I used the text warp tool to make the text curve around the brain.  I added a light bulb, too.  
"HORSE RADISH"
In this visual pun, I combined a horse with a cartoon rider with a radish head.  I posterized the background and the radish.  I used fonts from dafont.com.  
"MONKEY BUSINESS"
For this visual pun, I replaced the businessman's head and hands with those of a monkey.  I used the threshold effect to make the image black and white.  I used the text warp tool to make the text in the shape of an arc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment